This post covers different methods with which a business can benefit from implementing a social media program and by becoming visible on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
- Online branding (company name) – Social media is an excellent platform for exposing ones brand to the online audience. By posting relevant and timely content a business can expose its name and brand to a wide range of audience.
- Online branding (products and services) – Similar to getting its name out, a business can also promote its products and services in cyberspace and in online communities. By posting relevant content consistently to a group of targeted audiences, an organization can greatly increase its conversion rates and sales revenues.
- Finding the right audience – Popular social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc. have audiences comprising of hundreds of millions active users. Facebook has crossed the one billion mark and boasts one of the most active social media platforms. This provides businesses the opportunity to build all types of audiences and to market products and services to them.
- Online advertising – Social media platforms provide online and digital advertising services that can enable businesses to increase their reach globally and also provides them with the opportunity to find customers in all walks of life. These services have been so popular that it’s normal for large businesses to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars in social media ads on a monthly basis.
- Expanded presence in audio and video – Social media platforms allow businesses to expand their presence and visibility using audio and video as well.
- Customer service – Businesses can offer customer service through social media as well. By allowing them to engage with customers live online, businesses have the opportunity to not only address their service concerns but also provides them with the opportunity to cross sell and upsell other products and services.
- Increase followers – Social media platforms enable a business to constantly increase its followers. By engaging with those followers, a business can get them closer to its products and services and can open up more sources of revenues. (Click here to learn how to grow a business online)
- Get more leads – Most social media platform (e.g. Facebook) provide mechanisms that allow businesses to reach targeted audiences and to collect leads and to market them on an ongoing basis.
- E-commerce services – Social media platforms such as Facebook and Pinterest allow businesses to setup e-commerce storefronts with their products and services. This, therefore, expands a business’s reach of e-commerce services on to the social media platform and its audiences.
These are only some of the many benefits that social media can bring to businesses.
Return to creating a social media strategy page