Every business must have an online presence to expand its reach and be successful. Whether its a large Fortune 100 company or a work from home business looking to make money online, businesses of all types must become digital and have a strong online presence. This page contains resources, video courses and tutorials, e-Books, and other sources for starting an online business.
Here are the fundamental principles for launching and doing business and making money online.
- Every business needs to get online to compete in the digital world
- Every business must adapt to modern and online marketing methods to increase its reach.
- User Experience is the key!
- Engage users and customers
- Barriers to market entry are going down
- Build business value constantly.
- Digitize your business processes for maximum efficiencies
- Social Media must be part of every online business
- Content is King! Build content that engages audiences.
- Build for Mobile
- Online knows no geographical boundaries
- Make Analytics part of your business plan
- E-mail remains a very viable channel for communication
- User Attentions are going down. Grab them quick online
- Despite all this, fundamentals of doing business stay the same!
Important questions to answer when launching an online business
- Do you have a well thought out value proposition? Can you clearly articulate the value that your business will deliver to the market and to your customers?
- Have you considered the various online business models and selected the right ones for your business?
- Have you created an online business plan and considered all the important dimensions?
- Do you understand the industry structure where you will be competing?
- Do you understand your industry ecosystem?
- Do you understand your business’s potential ecosystem/
Important questions to answer when looking to digitally transform an existing business
- Will your value proposition change due to your digitalization plans?
- Have you created a roadmap to guide your digital transformation?
- Have you assessed the costs of undergoing a digital transformation?
- Have you created a new business model that shows the “old and new” models integrated and working together?
- How will the new digitally transformed business impact your existing operations and revenue streams?
Articles and Resources
- Business model creation for online and other businesses
- Define your online and digital business’s value proposition
Literature Review – Online and Digital Business
- Business Model Generation
- Creating Business Value Propositions and Product Development
- Thinking of and Designing new business ideas
Back to Digital Business Courses