Unless you use the best SEO tools, your website won’t stand much of a chance to be ranked at the top of the search engine result pages. And, if you want to drive a lot of traffic to your website then you need to ensure that your website is placed at the very top of the Search Engine Result Pages. Use of the top 20 SEO tools can help you achieve your aim. Here is a brief look at each of these top 20 SEO tools.
1. SEO QUAKE
SEO Quake (https://www.seoquake.com/index.html) is an extension of both Chrome and Firefox and its main function is to provide you with vital SEO metrics about your web pages and website. It also gives you a chance to analyse all your inbound and outbound links and it does the same for social media metrics.
2. Keyword Planner
This vital SEO tool (https://adwords.google.com/home/tools/keyword-planner/) helps you find the right keywords for your article. It also lists keywords plus it provides you with average monthly search count as well as average cost per click rate.
3. Google Analytics
Google Analytics (https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/provision/?authuser=0#provision/SignUp/) is useful because it allows you to keep track of the traffic that comes to your website and it also provides a detailed report that along with a comprehensive analysis will do wonders for you to get your website ranked at the top.
SpyFu (https://www.spyfu.com) is very unique in that it allows you to identify the best success strategies to help you stay ahead of your competitors. It also shows you where your competitors get their backlinks.
If you are looking for keywords then be sure to use this excellent SEO tool (http://keywordtool.io) . It provides much useful information including showing you AdWords competition for different keywords.
6. Keyword Density Checker
This wonderful SEO tool (http://www.webconfs.com/seo-tools/keyword-density-checker/) allows you to know how many keywords you are using in your content. This in turn helps you to stick to an ideal keyword density of between one and three percent.
7. Yoast SEO
Using Yoast SEO plugins (https://yoast.com) makes perfect sense as you can then optimize your content and in this way, move your website ranking to the very top.
When writing content for your website you need to make sure that it is not plagiarized. This SEO tool (https://antiplagiarism.net) can help you avoid plagiarising content.
This is one of the most popular of all web tools (https://www.copyscape.com) that helps you locate copied content. It also provides another useful function in that it can tell you who is copying your content.
10. Tiny JPG and PNG
This is a free SEO tool (https://tinypng.com) that helps you reduce the size of your JPG and PNG files. This in turn helps you conserve valuable space and it also cuts the loading time of your images.
When displaying pictures on your website you need to make sure that they are of the right size. This valuable SEO tool (http://www.picresize.com) shows only the required image portion and not the entire image.
12. Alt Text Checker
It makes sense from an SEO point of view to place alt or alternative text for each and every image. Use this SEO tool (http://www.contentforest.com/seo-tools/image-alt-checker) and you won’t regret it.
13. Open Site Explorer
This is an excellent SEO tool (https://moz.com/researchtools/ose/) whose main purpose is to help you locate details about link data of different websites. It will list inbound links, recent links and more.
14. Moz Pro
If you are serious about improving SEO performance then you should use this excellent SEO tool (https://moz.com/products/pro) that is designed to show you how visible your website is with the search engines. This allows you to use the best keywords to achieve higher SEO ranking.
This is an all-purpose SEO tool (https://ontolo.com/) that helps you measure the performance of your website. It also helps you find prospects for your link building prospects.
This is a truly remarkable SEO tool (https://www.optimizely.com) that allows you to experiment with your website design and advertisement as well as conduct A/B testing. It gives you a chance to locate the best products and services for your clients.
17. Moz Local
This SEO tool (https://moz.com/local) is designed for use by small businesses that want to show their listings on local search engines as well as business directories.
You need to use this SEO tool (https://www.pingdom.com) to find out how quickly or slowly your website loads and how much up time it enjoys.
19. SEO Spider Tool
This is a truly awe-inspiring SEO tool that allows you to obtain vital data on different URLs. Visit https://www.screamingfrog.co.uk/seo-spider/ to know more.
20. Google Search Console
This SEO tool (https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/home?hl=en) is designed to help you know beforehand just how your website is going to look. It also helps you understand how best to use different elements that have an impact on how your website will look.
Return to online SEO and marketing tools
Psychology gives us valuable insights into how people react to different forms of stimuli. Knowledge of what affects your audience emotionally to take action can substantially increase the effectiveness of your online and digital marketing strategies. Here are some psychological tips that can help you achieve greater success in your online and digital marketing.
Unleash the Happiness Bug
A large study conducted in the area of social media psychology has revealed that happiness spreads online the same way as in the physical world. In using this strategy, you should therefore try to provide content that can please your online audiences. For example, write in a friendly and jovial style that will keep your audience engaged and glued to your website. Use words that can motivate them to take action. This way, they are happy with and it goes both ways.
Make it all about them
It’s a well-known fact that people like being in the spotlight. In a study carried out by a group of Harvard scientists, it was proven scientifically that people enjoy talking about themselves and they actively derive pleasure from the experience. By making your audience the center of your strategy, you are likely to achieve more success. Relate with them directly; shower them with attention instead of pushing your products into their faces at every opportunity.
Choose the right colors to evoke the desired results
According to business psychologists, the choice of a product or service’s color can have as much as 60 percent effect on the acceptance or rejection of the product. Different colors trigger various emotions from readers. For example, orange is known to incite aggressiveness and may prompt your readers to opt for an offer you are providing. Care should be taken however to select complementary colors.
Use images as a guide
It is said that a picture is worth more than a thousand words, because images help to incite emotions from viewers. Most readers usually skim through web pages in search of a valuable piece of information. A strategically positioned image can contribute to grab their attention to what you have on offer, increasing your conversion rates tremendously. When using images, the best results are gotten from pictures of happy people, or people doing something related to the action you want the visitor to take.
Appeal to Emotion
Human beings are emotion driven, and most of the time will make a decision based on how they feel about a particular issue. To effectively use this strategy, emphasize the feeling the product or service will create for the user. During promotion of your services, make sure you depict the type of experience they will have when or after using the product. For example, showing them a picture or a video of a vacuum cleaner in action.
Appeal to Self Interest
Most people are tuned in and locked onto Wii FM i.e, what’s in it for me. Whenever we have the power to choose, most people will act in their own self-interest. Exploit this psychological principle to your advantage when promoting your products and services. Try to answer your potential customer’s question of what value will the product or service provide. Tell them in explicit terms what they stand to gain when they purchase your offer. By knowing the value of the product or service in their lives, people will be willing to spend on the offers.
To succeed as an online entrepreneur, you need to make customers want your products and also believe what you claim your products can do. Due to the virtual nature of online based commerce, customers might be wary of a seller whose credibility seems shaky or who they find hard to believe. You will have to provide a secure payment platform for customers, give video testimonials, present a professional and credible image of yourself and your business and ensure that customer complaints are promptly resolved by providing multiple points of contact between them and your business.
Assume the customer is going to buy
By assuming that customers will buy your products, your chances of making them buy increases. When you communicate with your customers, use language that makes them feel they are going to purchase the product or services. For example, in an email you want to send to a customer, it’s better to say ‘’when you buy this ”, rather than saying ‘’if you buy’’. This will subconsciously make them accept that they have decided to buy your product already.
In a recent survey carried out by researchers at Princeton University, respondents were asked if they were willing to participate in a cause to aid the fight against cancer. The study found out that people who were not willing at first changed their minds later, buttressing the fact that people will change in order to stay consistent. By helping customers create an expectation of consistency in themselves, your marketing strategy can gain from this. For example, when you offer them a free course and later introduce a paid one to them, they will accept the course just so they appear consistent on the original path they were treading.
The Endowment Effect
The Nobel Prize winning scientist Daniel Kahnemann in one study found out that people place higher values on things they own, and when asked to sell it , they tend to value it more than its actual worth. This principle can be used to increase the value of your products in your customers view. This can be achieved by asking for feedback and suggestions on their experience with your products and services through social media.
Research shows that negative feelings from loss affect people more strongly than positive feelings from gain of the same magnitude. By knowing any reservations your customers have towards your products, you can remove their doubts by offering free trials and money back guarantees on all products purchased. Also, you can provide warranty for components of an equipment. This will help to improve your reliability scores with your customers.
Mere Exposure Theory
This theory states that our liking for something increases the amount of exposure to that thing. This was the result of an experiment in which characters of the Chinese alphabet were shown to some participant. The more they saw the characters, the more meaning participants were able to infer from them. In digital marketing, repetition can have a huge effect on the audience. By continuously repeating your message, it will grow on your customers, and their interest in your offer will increase.
Ben Franklin Effect
This theory states that when people do you a favor, they tend to like you more. They believe that they did the favor because they like you. You can use this strategy by asking favors from your customers, you will be surprised they will oblige you. You can ask them to fill forms, take surveys, help to share your services and so on.
Befriend a Celebrity
Studies have shown that products endorsed by influencers or celebrities in an industry are often commercial successes. When you need to launch a product or services, recruit the help of influencers on the social media. Make them share your products on their social media handles and in little time, your product would have been viewed by millions of people.
The researchers Daniel Kahneman and Amos Tversky conducted a survey where the results showed that people’s perception of a situation as either positive or negative affected how they react to the situation. The wording and tone of your content should evoke positive emotions. They should be clear and lead your customers to take the desired actions you want.
Return to online marketing strategies
Facebook Live provides your business the opportunity to ‘go live’ to your target audience. The live streaming allows you to get connected to millions of people, globally.
There are a number of ways by which you can leverage this technology to boost your marketing campaigns.
Broadcasting Live Events
Any live events, concerning your company, can be broadcast live on Facebook. This will help you connect with your target customers more directly than ever.
Providing Customer Service
Facebook Live offers you a great chance to interact with your customers, while providing consultation and service. These are more useful especially when you are dealing with technological products. (Click for online courses on becoming a consultant)
Provide Live Demonstrations
Providing live demonstrations of your product or service is a great way to connect with customers. With this, the customers gain first-hand experience of your product / service that you want to promote.
You can provide free tutorials about your services to your target audience. This is a magnificent platform to educate your customers and create good brand equity.
Run Live Contests
Live streaming from Facebook offers you the chance of running contents and offers for your target customers. People from your preferred location can participate in the contests.
Broadcast Product Launches
Streaming product launches, live from your location is a brilliant way of informing your customers about the new product/service.
Most of the webinar tools are costly. In that way Facebook Live offers you a free solution to connect and conduct live meetings, discussing your marketing campaign and its prospects.
Direct Viewers to Your Website
Facebook live is a fantastic medium to direct the viewers to your main web page. You can always share the link of your website below the screen, during the live streaming.
Hold a Party
Holding a party, on Facebook Live, is a new thing for the marketers. You can stream a party or an event, with celebrity guests, in order to generate more interest about your company.
Answer Questions to Social Media Queries
Live answering to social media and blog questions is a great way of showing your concerns about customer queries. Facebook Live provides you with the opportunity of streaming live answering sessions and helping the customers to engage.
Broadcast Live Interviews
You can bring in celebrities or industry experts at your office and stream the interview live via Facebook. This will definitely trigger much interest amongst customers.
Engage Members of Your Facebook Group
Facebook Live is a fascinating way of provoking reactions of your Facebook group members. Your Facebook followers will remain engaged and their interest level will rise gradually with each live session held.
Live stream Podcasts
If you’re having a podcast then you can stream it live on Facebook as well. This will generate more interest among your audience as they will gain an audio-visual experience.
Post Daily Update
Whilst it is true that too frequent Facebook Live posts might diminish the interest level among your followers, but you can always make short streams of videos giving them a feel about the updates of your business.
Show Behind the Scene Footage
Behind the scene footage are great ways of letting people know how you work. They also get a good quality assurance and get to witness the entire manufacturing procedure.
(Get Facebook Marketing coaching here)
Return to Digital automation and tools
The best and only way to track down the important metrics that go into a successful Facebook ad campaign, is by learning about the important metrics you should be tracking. To help you out, we have listed down the 15 most important Facebook metrics to help you track your Facebook ad success rate.
- Results – This helps you track how well your ad is running, based on the objectives you have chosen. For instance, if you are running ad ad for engagement purposes, and chose to boost your post, then you need to look at post engagements. Similarly, traffic objectives will be seen under website clicks, and so on.
- Reach – this shows how many people saw your advert, this just means they scrolled down on your advert. This is not an impression, this simply means it was on the screen, and might have been viewed by the user.
- Cost – this is the average cost your advert runs on for the day, for instance $1. This is much like the traffic reach, as you will be able to see the website clicks. However, the cost may vary from one click to another, and can be brought down by target audience, auction bid, etc.
- Amount Spent – This figure shows the total amount you have spent on the entire campaign. This helps you keep track of your total budget, and even compare it to your maximum budget. So you can see how much money was spent to get your desired outcome.
- Ends – Daily budgets are the best way to keep you on the right track, and keep an eye on the end results. This way you can look at the results and make the required changes. Another added advantage is, that you can control your budget.
- Frequency – This covers the time an individual saw your advertisement. This is easily one of the most under utilised metrics on Facebook. However, when you factor this in, you will be able to make the required changes so the same people are not targeted over and over again.
- Cost Per Reach – This is a highly insightful metric, as it allows you to measure the amount of people your advertisement reached. Not just that, it also helps specify how efficient was you reach.
- Impressions – Is the number of times someone viewed your advert. It is an extremely common metric in online marketing. As it allows you to measure how wide your advert ran. So you can identify if your target audience was reached or not. However, the reach metric is more insightful.
- CPM – Is the cost of impressions, and is a common metric used when advertising. This allows you to check how cost effective your advert is. This is a good place to start, and allows you to measure return on investment.
- Post Reactions – This allows you to view how people reacted to your post. For instance, if they liked it, loved it, were wowed, are sad, angry, or just surprised. This metric allows you to see how people are reacting to your advert, so you can make the required changed to help make your advert better.
- Post Comments – this allows you to view the comments on your post(s). This metric counts all the comments that were made when the post was running on the advert. So you can see if your target audience was reached, and how engaged, they were in your post.
- Shares – Track the times your post was shared, this means the times people decided to share your post on their timeline, Facebook Groups, or other pages. This is a great way to keep a track on how these shares added to your reach.
- Link Clicks – This will help you see how many people actually clicked on your link, and were taken to a page on/ off Facebook. So you understand how much traffic you should expect on those pages. This simple metric, will help you see how many visitors reached, and how many were conversions.
- CTR Link – This metric – Click Through Rate – measure the number of times people saw your link and clicked on it relative to the impressions. It helps you see how much you are paying to get your target audience to the destination.
- Page Likes – This helps calculate the number of people that liked your page when the advert was running. So you can determine how many people were gained organically and inorganically. As it shows where people liked your page from, the link that was advertised, or your main Facebook page.
There are many more metrics related to Facebook. However, these can get you started in your Facebook marketing campaigns. (Get one on one Facebook marketing training here)
Return to Social Media Content Marketing
Facebook marketing is a very delicate thing to manage. Many times it can work flawlessly, but there are situations where it will take a lot of time and effort in order to get things right. And while there are issues to consider, here are some of the mistakes that you can make when you do Facebook marketing!
Using a profile to market your business
While you can create a regular profile for your business, don’t do that. You need to create your own business page if you want to show professionalism. The idea here is to adapt everything and take things to the next level very fast.
Posting rarely or too often
When you do Facebook marketing, your primary focus has to be on finding the optimal posting time. The way you can do that is by studying the analytics. You can see when people interact with you the most. That will be the perfect time to post. When it comes to how often you should post, try to figure out what works for you. Your business may be ok with posting a single article once each few days or once a week. But don’t start posting either once per month or 5 times per day. Just post in a consistent manner, as this will give you the best results.
Not creating a theme
People want to have fun on social media. So, being too corporate may not be the right approach. Opt for a more light hearted theme in the online world, as that’s the thing that will help you get some really good results in the end.
Spamming invites left and right
It’s important to have a massive following on social media, this can easily generate sales. But on the other hand, you have to acquire those likes and followers naturally. Avoid investing money in buying followers. It’s not the thing you want to do, and it’s definitely going to be a bad thing for your business in the future.
Grammar and spelling issues are very problematic for any website and social media. So, if you do Facebook marketing, make sure that you avoid any type of mistakes like this. It’s not something you can recover from very fast.
A slow response time
If you use social media, you need to reply fast in order to show your customers that they can rely on you. A very bad response time may show that you are not interested in what your customers have to say. And it will bring in a bad reputation for your business.
Not keeping an eye on who handles your social media
We get it, your business as a whole and generating sales may be more important than social media. But what you need to do is to try and find someone that you can rely on. Work with a person that understands and know your business. Someone that you can trust and which will help you maintain a good set of results and values for your company!
You have to realize that social media always has fresh content. So, if you come with the same type of content over and over, people will tell you that and they will even unfollow. Avoid that by creating proper, new content as often as possible.
Not reading the Facebook Page Terms
There are some things that you can’t do on Facebook. Running promotions can be problematic at times, since the page terms do come with specific limitations that you have to keep in mind. Of course, you can use dedicated software for this, but make sure that what you do is within the terms of the site.
The lack of replies
Whenever you receive comments, try to reply. Customers will appreciate the fact that you interact with them. They understand that your company is very busy, but the reality is that every reply makes them feel more meaningful and in the end it can be quite the experience for them. Do this, and you may even generate more sales.
Not maintaining the best quality
Once you start posting quality content, stick to that. The last thing you want is to post low quality content. It may seem like a good way to spend less time on content creation, but once you post a specific content type and quality, you may want to stick to that.
Not tracking analytics
Facebook for Business does include immediate access to lots of metrics. From traffic to reach, sales and conversions, posts, response time, rates and people talking about this, all these metrics are crucial and easy to focus on.
A lack of any strategy
Randomly posting stuff on Facebook is not a good way to promote your business. What you want to have is a proper Facebook marketing campaign and a dedicated strategy. As long as you adapt this properly and take things into your own hands, results can be second to none.
Promoting too much
People won’t subscribe to any page just to see promotional content. They want meaningful information. While you can promote your business a little bit, it will be a very good idea to just post good content that helps people.
Asking for likes all the time
Yes, likes are important, but remember, you need to share value to the readers. People subscribe to you so you can share proper content, not to see you begging for likes. So, try to adapt to the situation and focus on finding the best type of experiences that suit your needs. That’s, by far, the best thing you can get in the end.
In the end, it’s safe to say that Facebook marketing can be rather tricky if you don’t pay attention to these mistakes. But while you can learn from mistakes, the best thing you can do is to focus on following these ideas. This way you can stay away from any potential trouble that will appear in the long run!
Return to more online marketing strategies
Just like for any other business, you must define a clear value proposition for your online or digital business before starting one. Anyone who is unable to articulate clear statements about what it’s business stands for and what it aims to achieve will always struggle through the various stages of business growth and won’t be around for too long. A number of online entrepreneurs fall into this trap by jumping in to work on their new passions of working online without taking the time to define their value proposition first. This article and tutorial reviews the basics of a business value proposition.
What is a business value proposition?
A business value proposition is a marketing statement which promises value to the customer and specifies the unique quality and benefits of the product or service offered. It is a short statement which is used by companies to target those customers who are supposed to benefit the most from using the products or services of the company. This statement is prominently displayed on the company’s website or other digital platforms.
Why is having a good business value proposition important?
- It provides the foundation for your business growth efforts – A good value proposition addresses the key elements of starting and growing any business – whether online, digital or other. Defining it makes the process of business growth quite simple and straightforward.
- It is a marketing tool- A value proposition states the reason why a prospective customer should buy from you. It is the most important marketing tool which can help you to secure more customers. You can state your company’s objective and it’s Unique Selling Proposition by mentioning how your company is different than the others.
- It attracts customers- If your value proposition has clarity and precision, your customer can understand the relevance of your product which is also called value perception. Whenever a prospective customer visits your website, the value proposition is the first thing that is checked to know what service your company is offering. If the customer is satisfied with the points mentioned, the chances of his or her conversion to your brand are very high.
- It increases your company’s competitiveness- Most of the people search for products and services online. There are so many websites out there which sell products similar to yours. In such a case, it becomes advantageous for you to have a good value proposition to attract those prospective customers who are dissatisfied with the value propositions of other companies. It makes your brand more competitive in the market. This is especially important for small companies in order to gain greater exposure.
- It improves your operational efficiency- You do not need a big budget marketing strategy to explain your product to the customer. After reading your value proposition, the customer can figure out what exactly you are offering. It makes the process of conversion very quick and efficient. The company does not have to do much.
- It increases brand awareness – Your website’s authority increases if it has a good value proposition. People trust the brand which has a very organized and efficient website. If the customer finds all the information that he or she wants, the credibility of your brand increases and it gains popularity quickly.
Steps to define a good business value proposition
You can create a good value proposition by following the steps given below:
STEP 1- Know your customers
You need to fix your target customers and think form their perspective. You should focus on what the customer wants or what is he or she looking for.
STEP 2- Be product aware
You should check how your product can solve the customer’s problem or meet his or her needs. You should know how your product gives value to your customer and what are the benefits of using it. Only then can you convince the customers to buy your product.
STEP 3- Keep a track of your competitors
You need to think from the customer’s perspective once again and think how your product differs from the others available in the market. Your product needs to fulfill a need of the customer which other products have been unable to cater to. After reading your value proposition, your customer should be able to answer the question- ‘Why should I buy this product?’
STEP 4-Create your business value proposition
After compiling all the information in the earlier steps, you can proceed to build your value proposition. There are a few things which you need to keep in mind while doing this.
- Your value proposition has to be concise and precise at the same time to make the customer understand your message quickly and easily.
- Long descriptions should be avoided at all costs because nobody has the time to go through so much of information. You can lose customers if your customer is dissatisfied with your value proposition.
- Technical jargon should not be used because the average customer cannot understand such difficult terms. If this happens they can get discouraged from going through your website and products.
- Your value proposition should provide a list of benefits for the customers to glance through along with the short statement of the services offered. A good value proposition can be read and understood under five seconds.
- You should provide add-ons like free shipping and money back guarantee to your customers. These benefits should be displayed alongside the value proposition for the customers to see. This helps in boosting your value proposition.
If you follow all these steps, you are bound to get a good value proposition for your business which you can utilize to increase your customer base.
Return to the principles of doing business online
Book Review: SEO 2017: Learn search engine optimization with smart internet marketing strategies
If you are looking for a complete crash course in SEO, then this book will be the perfect guide to help you through your journey. It covers SEO strategies very relevant for 2017 and even 2018. It will teach you new and improved SEO techniques related to search engine optimization for online business growth and exposure. The authors have compiled data from countless top online companies, and have listed down a complete guide to help you through this process. This book will not only help you rank higher on Google and other search engines such as Bing and Yahoo, but it will even help you get tons of new customers through other digital channels.
This book on SEO covers the following:
- Provides authentic search engine optimization related content
- Contains updated SEO advice, and will help you get ahead using SEO in 2017 (and 2018) (Get online SEO training here)
- The importance of staying in sync with Google that constantly makes updates to its algorithms
- Covers all the changes Google has made regarding SEO in 2017
- This book is a great insight, and offers amazing digital and online industry secrets
- Learn about Google’s Search Algorithm and potential changes that Google might make in SEO
- Currently one of the best books that touches fundamental levels
Learn more SEO strategies here
Book Review: The New Rules of Marketing and PR: How to Use Social Media, Online Video, Mobile Applications, Blogs, News Releases, and Viral Marketing to Reach Buyers Directly
In this updated version of the textbook the author talks about the latest sales trends, real world examples, and tools that are successfully used in the online and traditional markets. In this fifth edition, the author talks about how these new rules of marketing and PR impact your business in the online and digital world. In addition, the book provides a complete step by step guide that acts as a road map towards modern marketing and PR. This book offers a rare experience, and teaches you about buyer and seller communications, increase in sales, and increasing the reach and visibility of ones business.
The book covers the following topics:
- Readers will be able to compare dozens of case studies, that have been revised.
- You will be able to see how the real world has dealt with content marketing, and inbound marketing strategies.
- The book informs you about different tactics that have been used over the course of years
- This edition offers fresh content
- There is a completely new chapter on services and sales
- The book covers Meerkat, Snapchat, Periscope and other social media platforms.
- An excellent resource to show the use of Social Media, Online Video, Mobile Applications, Blogs, News Releases, and Viral Marketing.
- An excellent source of online and digital marketing and its use in the new world.
Return to digital marketing strategies
Book Title: Growth Hacker Marketing: A Primer on the Future of PR, Marketing, and Advertising
This book teaches you the importance of Marketing, Advertising, and PR; to help take your company to the future. This book explains how all the mega brands haven’t spent a single cent on traditional marketing techniques and instead are now resorting to new strategies and tactics to advance their marketing agendas for the online and digital world. These new growth hacks and new strategies allow them to replace the old rustic tools in favor of more scalable, traceable, and testable methods.
This book covers the following:
- Teaches you about new marketing strategies and techniques and their importance
- Shows you how growth was made by major brands today using these methods
- Talks about how traditional marketing techniques are costly and now mostly useless
- Teaches you about the new tools that will help your business in the online and digital world
- How your business and products need to be modified every now and then for more exposure and increased reach.
- Talks about companies such as Dropbox, Facebook, Twitter, and Airbnb
- A great way to learn about how the future will roll out in terms of brand marketing techniques
Return to online marketing strategies
Having an engaging Facebook presence can help you convert more of your visitors and online audiences. In this post, we cover best practices and tips to help you get more Facebook likes, comments and shares. The more engaging your page, the greater the likelihood that your Facebook connections will be more willing to convert. Don’t be surprised if you get between twenty to thirty percent conversions from your Facebook account. Here are some of the best practices and tips to help increase comments, likes, shares on Facebook.
- Advertising on Facebook gives you your best chance to get additional likes. And, the more likes you get the greater your following. Many well known brands have used this method to grow their fan following.
- If you continue using the same ad repeatedly, people will be turned off and they will be less likely to convert. The right option for you is to keep changing your advertisements or the creatives associated with those ads. Doing so can help you avert a drop in conversions on account of boring ads.
- Your blog can do with some uplift. So, by adding your Social plugin on your Facebook account or your website it is possible that you will see a sizable increase in your likes.
- Your landing page can use some refresh. So, be sure to customize your landing page and also try to make it obvious that you want people to like your page. The best way of doing this is by boldly showing LIKE OUR PAGE in a prominent place on the landing page.
- When you first start out you may not get a lot of people visiting your Facebook page. One way of increasing views of your Facebook page is by getting your friends and family members to like it. This may seem like a less than effective measure but the truth is that it can set you on your way. So, make sure that you make an effort to get people you know to like your Facebook page.
- If you maintain a blog and you are populating it with fresh content, makes sure that you post the content of your blog on your Facebook page. People who use Facebook like nothing better than to read fresh content, especially on Facebook. Since they are spared the bother of searching for your blog they will be in a good mood and this will motivate them to like, share and even comment on your Facebook page.
- A Facebook page with interesting photographs will entice people to like, share and comment on your Facebook page. Just make sure that your photos are of high resolution. The more compelling the photos the greater the chances of people liking, commenting or sharing your Facebook page.
- There is a Facebook app that allows you to ask questions. Use this feature regularly to get people to answer and perhaps even like, comment or share your questions.
- A landing page without a compelling video welcoming visitors will not prove to be very useful. So, make sure that you place a video that is not only welcoming but also very compelling on the landing page. This is a good way of obtaining likes, comments and shares.
- If you own a website or a blog then you need to make sure that you include a FOLLOW US somewhere on the top of the website or blog page.
- One surefire method of getting people to like or comment or share your Facebook page is by giving them an incentive to like comment or share your Facebook page. If you give visitors to your Facebook page a reason to like or comment or share your page, they probably will.
- When sending out emails you have an email HTML template on which you can place a Facebook like button. When people receive your emails they get an opportunity to like your Facebook page.
- Similarly, your blog and website can help you obtain likes. All that you need to do is place a big banner somewhere on your blog or website asking people to like your Facebook page. This simple method is known to work very well.
- If you use Linkedln then you can use it to obtain likes. All that you need to do is provide a link that when clicked will take visitors to your Facebook page. You can do this in your Linkedln settings in your Linkedln profile.
- You should also think about putting your Facebook page to good use. Every day, all that you need to do is provide some newsworthy updates that talk about a particular industry or market niche to your Facebook page. This is a simple tactic that can help you get more likes, comments and shares.
- You can also get people to like your Facebook page by giving them a reason to do so. One option available to you is to offer people who visit your Facebook page a discount. All that they need to do in order to get the discount is like your Facebook page.
Besides these surefire tips to help you get more likes, comments and shares you can also do a few other things that will help you get desired results. One is to make sure that you are constantly interacting with your Facebook followers. Also, don’t make the mistake of posting too often on your Facebook page as this may seem very interruptive. At the same time, you also need to make sure that you do not post too infrequently as this can make people abandon your Facebook page. When adding content on your Facebook page, try not to use too much jargon as it is not suitable for all your followers. Finally, try to ask questions that are open ended as this helps build conversation and it also encourages your followers to share their thoughts with others.
Return to social media marketing tips page