Monetization refers to turning something into money. In the digital world, this refers to converting various digital assets and audiences in paid sales. In the context of Internet marketing, for example, the monetization process involves the following steps:
- Get targeted traffic from the vast Internet
- Make that traffic land on a site’s landing page
- Capture the lead (E-mail, other contact info, etc.)
- Engage the lead by sharing various forms of content
- Sell something of value to the lead
- Hope for a sale (monetization).
Back to Digital Marketing